Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dev'lin's First Helmet WIP

• 13 Replies
Dev'lin's First Helmet WIP
« on: Jun 23, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Started with a Rubies 2P Jango.  Following the Dekan Korr tutorial.  Or at least trying my best to.  I plan on using T-screws instead of magnets for the visor attachment and maybe add a spotlamp. 

Having a little trouble getting this piece to form correctly.  It wants to Curl instead of being floppy when heated.

Oops.  Had a little slip with the Dremel

Re: Dev'lin's First Helmet WIP
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Everything trimmed sanded and started assembling

Also I’m being really impatient about waiting for the glue to dry

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2020, 04:26 PM »
Haven’t had a whole lot of time to work on things recently. Also having some trouble getting my pics to upload on Imjur.

However, I have made a little progress. Got some bondo and sanding done. Having a little trouble getting the ear caps to stay on but I think I got it figured out. I will upload pics as soon as Imgur decides to cooperate.  Also have an idea and base for my main weapon and will start a WIP thread for that later.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2020, 01:08 PM »
Ok so I finally had time to get some work done.  Having trouble getting the right earcap to stay on.

test fitting

TheEnglishMerc

• Why Carry A Weapon When You Can Be A Weapon
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Looking good so far, but your go années to do a lot more bondo work on the seam

« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Second round of bondo and got the ear cap reattached.(Hopefully permanently this time).

https://imgur.com/gallery/4sMkCqJ

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2020, 11:14 PM »
Got the dome pretty much done. A few tiny spots need a tab more work but otherwise pretty smooth. Need to touch up the front where I filled in the arrows and along the visor edges still. Plan on leaving g the gap at the top of the ear cap so I can attach a spot lamp there.
https://imgur.com/gallery/z9DMsMU

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2020, 02:20 AM »
It’s getting there Vod, keep at it.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2020, 02:53 AM »
You try it better, i am also getting trouble to make helmet for this halloween but i failed, now i ordered from Spirit Halloween Coupons or get some discount, you're almost done it.

We updated our website regularity with the fantastic saving offers, and you are sure to be in the loop to score great savings by availing the latest markdowns. Click Reecoupons  and avail the best offer for amazing savings today!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2020, 01:10 PM »
I've been following the Dekan Korr tutorial I found on here.  It really helped me to get it done.  Good luck on your build V'ode

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2020, 10:50 PM »
So I finally got my visor installed. I screwed up trying to drill the mounting holes and ended up attaching it with Velcro. I’m going to have to do some kind of decorative attachment towards the bottom to cover those misdrilled  holes. Still need to find and attach a small light on the side. Other than that just needs the final paint (I think)

https://imgur.com/gallery/0aSC1ga

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:17 AM »
If you can buy any kind of things and other items then you can go to the Revounts store they provide discount codes with deals.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 03:47 AM »
You should try harder, as I am also searching for a best Helmets You Can Visit OnBuy Discount Codes Maybe you get it from there with best discount deals.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!