Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vassk's 2nd armor

• 62 Replies

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
Re: Vassk's 2nd armor
« Reply #25 on: Aug 12, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Looks really good, I'll be interested to see when you do a run  :laugh: keep up the good work

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #26 on: Aug 17, 2016, 12:55 PM »
wow, super clean build!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Vassk

• I will make it legal
  • Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 04, 2016, 12:56 PM »
It took me almost a year, but now I can proudly present you a first cast of my helmet  ;D

I think it was totally worth all that time and money I spent for it.
Sure, it's not perfect - it was my first attempt at roto-casting so it has some imperfections like minor dome distortion and uneven interior but other than this it looks fine to me.
Soooo...what do you think Vode?  :)

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Nov 04, 2016, 03:44 PM »
That is super impressive man  8)  8)  8)

I have mad respect for anyone who does a scratch build, really clean build right there, and so is that cast! Looks really nice!

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2016, 09:26 PM »
THe helmet looks awesome. Are you going to be selling casts?

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #30 on: Nov 05, 2016, 02:50 AM »
Thanks Vhett, that means a lot coming from a pro like you :)

Torolf - vor'e Vod ;), as for your question - sure, I just need a week or two to finish the rangefinder and then I'll be opening thread in supply depot. So if you're  interested just hit me with PM  ;)

Redness

• Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #31 on: Dec 15, 2016, 12:50 PM »
This thread needs some helmet appreciation!

I bought Vassk's first production run helmet and I gotta say - it's a top notch work of art!
* It's solid.
* Just look at the way earcaps fit, look!

* It's not all - the helmet has plenty of space inside - I wear a 7 1/4" hat and I can put it on without touching cheek plates.
* Integrated top right earcap piece - brilliant.

Whole set:

Let me tell you - there's a new player in town!

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Dar'manda

• "I go in first so you dont have to"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2016, 11:33 PM »
Man! i kind of want one!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #33 on: Jul 12, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Update time!

I'm finally getting back to work, already bought sintra so I should have all the hard parts ready by the end of next month.
Also, I totally changed the concept of my armor - I'm going to do a heavy Boba-inspired armor (my main inspriations are PP1, HS and McQuarrie's/Johnston's concept arts).
This is what I have so far:

(belt and pouches need some more weathering, blaster's in very early stage of sanding)

(leather spats & M56 [shoretrooper] pouch)

Started working on my knees and cod plate several days ago, I'll make some photos soon.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 05:38 PM by Vassk » Logged

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Jul 14, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Very nice! I look forward to watching this!  8)  8)  8)

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #35 on: Aug 15, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Thanks Vhett  ;)

First parts are primed and ready for paint

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #36 on: Mar 08, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Update! (finally)  :laugh:

Knees are now fully painted

My bucket is almost finished, here's a WIP thread https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=149476.0

I started to weather soft parts (with shoe polish)

I like the results so far, but I'll be adding more grime to make them really dirty.

I believe that size of plates is ok, but I could use some feedback here. Are they approvable or should I trim them?

Don't worry about spacing here and that chesplate will be reshaped a bit to fit me better.

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #37 on: Mar 08, 2018, 04:47 PM »
The chest plate looks a little large but I want to see it after you reshape it.

Paint app on knees and helmet is awesome.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:07 PM »

My bucket is almost finished, here's a WIP thread https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=149476.0

I started to weather soft parts (with shoe polish)

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. Now this is what I call a bucket! *double thumbs up* Well done sir. I am also slightly partial to those Jaig eyes haha. Also, you might have mentioned this previously in this thread but what happened to that custom belt/pouches you had posted on your first page of this build?

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #39 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:32 PM »
The chest plate looks a little large but I want to see it after you reshape it.
Here's another pic of the chest (sorry for poor quality)

I'm not sure how much I can trim it since I already made those dents near the edge of the plate. Any ideas?
And do I really need to trim the chest?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. Now this is what I call a bucket! *double thumbs up* Well done sir. I am also slightly partial to those Jaig eyes haha. Also, you might have mentioned this previously in this thread but what happened to that custom belt/pouches you had posted on your first page of this build?
Thanks Vod, your helmet looks great too ;)
As for the old pouches - I just didn't like them, the quality wasn't as good as I would like to, so I replaced them with different pouches. I would love to upgrade to classic Boba pouches though, but gotta save some money first.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #40 on: Mar 08, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Bucket bros!!! I would say that maybe the under portion next to the ab plate might just be a little to thick. I think it will be easier to tell once you get the other chest plate done and mock attached to your vest. That way we can see everything together. I am stoked to see this come together vod! Also, are you painting with an airbrush?

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #41 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Width wise the chest looks fine, but it will be easier to tell one the other one is there. Length wise though, the chest may be too long. It’s getting real close to the ab.

Again, hard to tell until both are present.

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #42 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Such a clean build of the bucket! I wish I had that much patience and skill! Nice work Vod!

It took me almost a year, but now I can proudly present you a first cast of my helmet  ;D

I think it was totally worth all that time and money I spent for it.
Sure, it's not perfect - it was my first attempt at roto-casting so it has some imperfections like minor dome distortion and uneven interior but other than this it looks fine to me.
Soooo...what do you think Vode?  :)

MercOfSteel

• This is the way.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #43 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:56 AM »
That bucket is looking great. Well done.

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #44 on: Mar 09, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Also, are you painting with an airbrush?
Yup, I'm using gravity feed airbrush (cheapest model I could find  :laugh:) and I'm painting with humbrol enamels.

Width wise the chest looks fine, but it will be easier to tell one the other one is there. Length wise though, the chest may be too long. It’s getting real close to the ab.

Again, hard to tell until both are present.
Sure, I'll try to take better pics with both chest plates on.

Such a clean build of the bucket! I wish I had that much patience and skill! Nice work Vod!
Vor'e Vod. It's not that hard, you should try making your own helmet one day ;)
BTW that first cast was a b-pull, my current helmets are a lot better  ;)

That bucket is looking great. Well done.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2018, 03:00 PM by Vassk » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2018, 12:22 PM »
I'm getting a Protector vibe from this....and I love it!  ;D

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Vhett Naast

« Reply #46 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:04 PM »
Totally dig the color scheme, very much reminiscent of the prepro Fett colors, I love it!

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #47 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:10 PM »
Totally dig the color scheme, very much reminiscent of the prepro Fett colors, I love it!

Right? So good! Build faster!!! lol

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #48 on: Mar 13, 2018, 11:24 PM »
That bucket is gorgeous bud, very well done. The soft parts are looking great as well, and your new armor seems to be coming along well. On the sizing of your plates, where does the bottom hem of your vest come to? You'll wanna tweak the shaping on the collar and chest so they lie flat, but the width looks like it's good. The length, on the other hand, either the chest is too long, or you just have a short vest and will have your ab plate hanging off or just touching the bottom of it. I'm a few years out of touch, having just started getting back into the swing, but if I recall correctly Boba's vest goes to the navel and Jango's is a bit longer. If you don't want your ab plate pushed off the bottom, you'll have to shave the chest plate down a bit in the sections to sit next to it and maybe shave your ab plate down a bit.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Vassk

• I will make it legal
« Reply #49 on: Mar 22, 2018, 03:08 PM »
I'm getting a Protector vibe from this....and I love it!  ;D
Funny you mentioned protectors Mi'ix - I really wanted to make a protector kit, but my custom bucket isn't approvable for that brigade, so I had to change my plans   :rolleyes:  But maybe one day... :laugh:

Thanks Vhett   ;) PrePro Fetts are my main inspirations, so if you're seeing similarities then I'm doing it right  :P

Right? So good! Build faster!!! lol
I wish I could work faster Vod, but real life keeps slowing me down :-X maybe next month I'll be able to spend more time working on this kit.

Anyway, I made some progress since last time -

Shoulders are now fully painted

As you see I picked PP1/2 skull instead of standard mythosaur skull. I like it much better and it's more unique than commonly used ESB/ROTJ versions.
The symbols on right shoulder are based on Joe Johnston's concept art

The cape was weathered with scissors, sandpaper, acrylics and shoe polish

And I finished the first stage of building my gauntlets

Now it's time for some bondo and sanding.

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2018, 05:58 PM by Vassk » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!