Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kal'ska' Soft Parts WIP

• 29 Replies

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
Kal'ska' Soft Parts WIP
« on: Jan 16, 2015, 07:31 PM »
I figured it was about time I made a WIP for my soft parts.

What I plan to have in my kit:

Flight suit - purchased
Balaclava - purchased
Vest - ordered
Kama
Girth Belt - negotiating
Pouches - purchased
Boot Spats - ordered

I've also toyed with the idea of having some kind of bullet loops on my arms since the end product will be a sniper kit.  I plan to make the girth belt and kama myself, but I plan to buy the vest from Sidi Ren.  I bought four Mosin Nagant pouches from Amazon.

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2015, 01:37 AM by Kalska Nubu » Logged

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Kal'ska' Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Sounds like you have a good plan. I recently made a leather band to go around my right arm that holds small silver cylinders. It was a quick fun build that adds a nice bit of detail.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2015, 03:10 PM »
The Mosen Nagant pouches are great. I bought a bunch off ebay.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Hmm, I like that idea.  Did you just cut slits into the leather to slip the tubes in?

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2015, 04:16 AM »
**UPDATE**

News!  I've put my order in to Sidi for my vest.  Hopefully everything will quite literally come together at the same time.  It was kinda funny though, getting my measurements.  At the moment, I'm on the ship, out at sea, aaand without a cloth tape.  But I was not to be deterred!  With actual tape in hand, and my measuring tape on the counter, measured, remeasured, and re-remeasured.  I'm a little embarrassed at how big I let myself get in the belly.  So, to shame myself and some motivation to work out more, here are my belly and chest measurements respectively:  41" and 40".  Now, time to hit the gym!

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Hmm, I like that idea.  Did you just cut slits into the leather to slip the tubes in?

I'll post a picture up of it tomorrow for you to see as long as that whole remembering thing doesn't get in the way.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:50 PM »
Yeah, happens to me all the time.  For me, it lasts until I see someone in the p-way (halls for land lubbers) and get to talking for about a half hourish.

Mavik

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:01 AM »
Here you go

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Oh!  I see now.  I like it, and will attempt to make one.  Is there a place in Norfolk that sells leather strips and rivets?  Like a Micheal's or a Hobby Lobby?

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Oh!  I see now.  I like it, and will attempt to make one.  Is there a place in Norfolk that sells leather strips and rivets?  Like a Micheal's or a Hobby Lobby?
Best bet for all leather goods is Tandy Leather.  There's one in Henrico somewhere; I've been meaning to take a trip up there and get some things.  If you want, PM me and we can try to coordinate a day to head up that way.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:04 PM »
Sounds like a plan!  It might be a while before I'm back in town, though.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:30 AM »
Sounds like a plan!  It might be a while before I'm back in town, though.
No worries.  School and work mean it'll be a while for me, anyway. :P

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2015, 11:53 PM »
New problem.  Ish.  I figured I needed boot spats, especially since I plan to use my Navy combat boots.  I found a tutorial online, but I don't think it's as good a tutorial as I need it to be.  Are there any tutorials out there (preferably not video, as I'm working off of Navy ship internet) that do an incredibly good job of describing what to do?  I'd like it to cover most of my boot, and I plan to blouse my flightsuit over the spat.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:33 AM »
New problem.  Ish.  I figured I needed boot spats, especially since I plan to use my Navy combat boots.  I found a tutorial online, but I don't think it's as good a tutorial as I need it to be.  Are there any tutorials out there (preferably not video, as I'm working off of Navy ship internet) that do an incredibly good job of describing what to do?  I'd like it to cover most of my boot, and I plan to blouse my flightsuit over the spat.
Bam.  Here ya go.  I plan on getting a set of these, myself.

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Groovy!  Thanks!

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:43 AM »
Boot spats have been ordered!  So now I wait for about two weeks for everything to get here. . .

I really hope I'm not to terribly busy in the near future.  I want this to be done and approved before ROFCON.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:24 AM »
an FYI, the app team is taking about a week and a half to 2 weeks to get approvals through at this point because 'there are so many people applying in the lead up to C7'

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Then I'm going to have to haul shebs when I get everything!  This might be difficult. . .

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Then I'm going to have to haul shebs when I get everything!  This might be difficult. . .
I wouldn't put money on being an OM by ROFcon, but there's no shame in doing a troop in armor that hasn't gotten its stripes yet.  Heck, last time I even made a troop, it was in a then-unapproved kit. :P

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  I just heard back from Sidi, and it'll take about a month to get my vest.  But that leaves plenty of time to paint my armour, find snaps, make my Kama, and pull everything else together so that when I do get the vest, all i have to do is trace out where the plates will go, make holes for the snaps, and assemble.

Jorad Werde

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:19 PM »
I did a troop in armor before I was approved.  I sent in an app 2 or 3 days before hand, and went trooping.  It was actaully really helpful beause it taught me a lot about my kit.  Not only how to get into it, but also about how things fit and how things sit.  I made A LOT of fixes and improvements after that first troop.  Took me about 3 more weeks to get fully approved. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Good point.  All the stuff should be getting here within 3 weeks, but the vest'll be getting here sometime towards the end of the month, and ROFCON starts on the 27th.  I'll hopefully get it finished and pictures taken before the end of March, to be approved by May the 4th.  That's my new goal.

Jorad Werde

« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:43 PM »
An admerable date

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Kalska Nubu

• Call me Kal.
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Got my bootspats today!  With the way they look and feel, I might just forego the shins and boot plates.  I'm able to do that with a modern kit, right?

Jorad Werde

« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2015, 11:16 PM »
yes

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!